Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 123, May 3 / Stella Artois

Day 123  /  May 3, 2011

Anheuser–Busch InBev / Leuven, Belgium

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Hey, I don't mean to brag, but... every time my Pub Trivia Team (Fat, Drunk & Stupid) shows up for the weekly Pub Trivia Contest at the Auld Shebeen in Fairfax... we win!  And it's never a straight out win - we always tie for the win, and then barely squeak out the tie breaker.  I'd call it equal parts skill and luck, because we definitely guessed on some of the questions this week.

Try your knowledge of useless information on some of the questions from this week's trivia quiz:

1)    - Skull Island is the home of what 1930's movie creature?
2)    - The Khyber Pass separates what two countries?
3)    - A stimpmeter is a measuring device used in what sport?

And the tie breaker question was...closest answer wins...

What is the seating capacity of Radio City Music Hall in New York?

Well, it's getting to the point in this beer quest where sometimes it's a challenge to find a unique beer at bars with somewhat limited beer selections. The Auld Shebeen has about 8 taps, I've had all their Irish (and Canadian-made Irish beers), one tap was a cider, and the other taps were mass American swill.  Now, I could have the swill (except Coors Light), but I really need to save that in case I'm travelling through backwoods Virginia and my only beer choices are the Country Market or Joe's Hunting Lodge Bar.

So I had a bottle of Stella.  Yeah, I know, it’s the Budweiser of Europe. In fact, both brands are now owned by InBev, and Stella is distributed in the US by Anheuser-Busch.  But Stella is a decent lager, crisp with just a slight “green bottle” skunk.


No comments:

Post a Comment