Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 137, May 17 / Hofbräu Original

Day 137  /  May 17, 2011

Staatliches Hofbräuhaus (Hofbräu München) /  Germany

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

It’s not you, it’s me…

Alright, this is a classic German Helles Lager that has stood the test of time.  It should get a better grade than a Passable, right? 

The truth is that my stomach was bothering me last night, I wasn’t quite feeling up to par.  I even passed on my daughter’s birthday cake.  So I probably didn’t give this beer a fair shake – I promise I’ll give it a second look later this year.

So, last night, this beer just didn’t do it for me – while it looked beautiful in the pilsner glass, with a continuous stream of tiny bubbles, it tasted rather sour and skunky.  If you’d had this beer, please post a comment with your thoughts.

P.S.  Happy Birthday, Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment