Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 136, May 16 / Hopsecutioner IPA


Day 136  /  May 16, 2011

Terrapin Beer Co. / Athens, GA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Sorry for the delay, my friends, but rest assured, I’m still drinking.  The weight loss piece… I have taken my eye of the ball… I need some inspiration from the troops – what have you got for me?

While you’re working on that, I was drinking a Hopsecutioner IPA from Terrapin Beer Co. in Athens, GA.  I first heard about Terrapin Beers from HHH, who lived outside of Atlanta for a couple year.  So HHH, if you care to share a story…

Actually, my wife and I were flipping through the channels this weekend, and she stopped on some HBO or Showtime movie channel and they were drinking Terrapin beer.  The movie was called Not Since You – it was set in Athens and had a Big Chill feel.

Hopsecutioner is a year-round beer, dark amber in color, and aggressively hopped with six different types of hops - Warrior, Chinook, Centennial, Simcoe, Amarillo, and Cascade.  It was a bit too hoppy for me.  Unlike Schaefer, this is one beer to have if you’re only having one.

No comments:

Post a Comment