Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 149, May 29 / Gordon Biersch Shwarzbier


Day 149  /  May 29, 2011

Gordon Biersch Brewpub / Tyson’s Corner VA

I require sustenance!  Fetch me a Schwarzbier post haste!  And some potstickers, southwestern eggrolls and garlic fries, too.

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

I convinced my wife to go see Thor with me last night, and we stopped in at Gordon Biersch in the mall for some apps and a beer before the movie.

My quick movie review of Thor?  I guess it was much more sci-fi / fantasy than I expected.  I like superhero movies, but I prefer my heroes to stay on earth, at least most of the time.  The story was good – I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the Norse God of War landing in a small New Mexico town.  The special effects were great, and I love the way they set up all these Marvel movies for The Avengers movie next year.

Before the movie, I had a nice big Gordon Biersch Schwarzbier, which I assume was brewed at the restaurant.  The Schwarzbier is a dark lager, but it doesn’t have a heavy taste or density.  It’s got a slightly nutty, coffee flavor to it, and I found it to be quite enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment