Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 140, May 20 / Kenziger Beer


Day 140  /  May 20, 2011

Philadelphia Brewing Company / Philadeplhia, PA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Not your father’s beer…

When I first saw the label for Kenziger, I was convinced it was one of the few remaining old beer brands in Pennsylvania, like Old German or Straub’s.  But, just like the brewery it comes from, it is a relatively new creation.  Its name is a shout-out to the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, where the brewery is located.

I’ve seen this beer described as a Blonde Ale, Golden Ale or a Kolsch.  It definitely has a unique style.  A light yellow color, it packs a good combination of a refreshing, crisp beer, with just enough of a bite from the Sterling and Mt. Hood hops.

Second Opinion:  My wife and my friend Kevin didn't particulary care for the Kensington - maybe a little too much bite for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment