Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 100, April 10 / Mama's Little Yella Pils


Day 100 / April 10, 2011

Oskar Blue’s Brewery / Longmont, Colorado

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

The First 100 Days

So what have we accomplished?  How is my popularity rating now compared to January 1, 2011?

  • Well, I have had a lot of beers… well over 100.. and I guess that’s something to be proud of.
  • Of the 100 blogged beers so far this year, about 50 were first time beers for me.
  •  I have had about a dozen beers donated to my cause, some of which are still on deck.
  •  I’ve lost 13 pounds… and I’ve hit a plateau for the moment… need to get back on Waldo.
  • And I’ve certainly had a lot of fun explaining my quest to friends, co-workers, strangers, and that weird guy over at 7-11.

Beer # 100 was a Mama’s Little Yella Pils, from Oskar Blue’s Brewing Co, makers of last week’s Dale Pale Ale.  As you’d expect for a pilsner, it poured from the can a light yellow color, was a medium head.  It was cold, crisp and refreshing, but not exceptional.  It would certainly be a good session beer on a warm summer’s day.

I had this beer at the American Ice Company in DC, a new bar (and barbecue joint) that opened about 6 months ago 1 block east of the legendary 930 nightclub.  The bar has a good beer selection (draft and in cans), and decent (but not great) barbecue.  The building was actually an ice company once upon a time, and now has a cool patio area in addition to the inside seating.

And of course, I wouldn’t being hanging out around the 930 Club unless I was going to the 930 Club.  Me and the boys went to see one of our favorite bands, the Old 97’s, for the umpteenth time.  It was a sold out show and very loud, but great as usual.

Here’s some YouTube clips of some live performances – the show stopping “Big Brown Eyes”, the romantic ballad “Question” with a great new guitar lick from Ken Bethea, and Murray Hammond playing “Valentine” with Rhett Miller on the woohoos.







1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I was really wondering about the woohoos.

    ReplyDelete