Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 112, April 22 / Virgin Islands Island Summer Lager

Day 112, April 22, 2011

St. John Brewers / Cruz Bay, St. John and Portland, ME

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Our last dinner in St. John was at a restaurant on the docks called Hook, Line and Sinker.  I had an excellent local snapper grilled with Cajun spices and served with a fresh tomato relish.  However, believe it or not, I had already exhausted all of the Island beers available on St. John’s (I supposed I could have had a Presidente Light, but that would be redundant). 

Now, judging from the name of the beer, you would think that it was brewed on one of the US or British Virgin Islands.  That’s partially correct.  If I had taken the ferry over to St. John’s, I probably could have had a beer brewed on St. John’s, a small batch of a specialty beer from St. John Brewers.  But all of their beer for distribution is brewed by Shipyard Brewing in Portland, Maine!  So the Island Beer Run officially ended with Thursday’s Red Stripe.

The VI Island Summer Lager is actually a half wheat, half pale ale, which actually combine for a nice clean taste.  It poured a deep gold color, with very little head, and was a refreshing complement to my dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment