Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 102, April 12 / Foster’s Lager

No, this is not a Guinness.
Day 102 / April 12, 2011

Fosters Group and Miller Coors / Victoria, Australia, TX and GA


A
NG
P
G
VG
O

See you later, see you soon…

If you’ve followed this blog since the beginning of the year, you’ve read that many of this year’s beers were consumed at going away happy hours for co-workers (usually on Thursday evenings).  Well, we broke the Thursday tradition and had a Tuesday happy hour this week… for me!

After 7 years (and another 7 years earlier in my career) with this company, I am moving on to a new position with a new company.  So my friends gathered to wish me well, make fun of me, and commiserate about this and that.  I’ve made a lot of great friends in my time there, and that’s what I will miss most.

We gathered at a local haunt, Ned Devine’s, and it’s getting to the point in this quest where finding unique beers is starting to get challenging.  Out of 10 beers on tap, I have had six already, and the 7th one was Coors Light.  So I settled on a Foster’s Lager, which at one point in my life was considered a premium beer.

This was Foster’s on tap, not in the traditional 25 oz. oil can.  And you know what, it was just kinda blah.  A pale, yellow, bland beer.  I was eager to switch to a better beer after I finished this one.  I think I annoyed the waiter because I ordered a different beer each time.

Foster’s, which was once “Australian for beer, mate,” is now brewed all over the world, under license from Fosters.  In the US, its brewed by Miller in Forth Worth, TX and Albany, GA.  Actually, Foster’s is not that popular in its native Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment