Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 105, April 15 / Oak Aged Cuvée Series Three

Day 105 / April 15, 2011

Southern Tier Brewing Company  /  Lakewood, NY

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Apparently the third time is not the charm.

I really wanted to like this beer.  It was given to me by a friend who obviously took a long time selecting it.  The bottle is nice.  And the brewery has a good reputation.

This is the third beer in a series of three oak aged beers from Souther Tier.  This is an American strong ale.  This beer poured a reddish brown color from a 22 oz. bottle, with virtually no head.  It smelled sort of sweet.  And it tasted… sorry, Tony… terrible.  It was very sweet and very strong, and kind of offensive.

I’m sure there’s some beer drinkers out there that would like this, but I am not one of them.  So somebody, prove me wrong.  Give this beer a shot and let me know what you think.

Tony – I owe you a beer.

1 comment: