Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 119, April 29 / Wacko


Day 119, April 29, 2011

Magic Hat Brewing Company / South Burlington, VT


A
NG
P
G
VG
O
 
Magic Hat’s Wacko returns for a second (and probably last) season as their Summer seasonal beer.  For a brewery that puts out some pretty good beers, Wacko is really nothing more than a novelty.  For me, I wish they’d bring back the Hocus Pocus summer seasonal – a light wheat ale with a hint of honey.

Wacko is a very light tasting beer, and oh yeah, IT’S PINK!  Wacko is flavored and colored with beet juice, which imparts it color into the beer and the head.  The taste is actually rather bland.  The only reason I bought it again was so that I could post a picture of a pink beer on the blog.

OK, here’s what you should do.  Buy some Wacko and start drinking it out of the bottle at a gathering of friends.  About halfway through, with a mouthful of beer, say, “Oh my god, I think I just chipped my tooth on the bottle!”  And then spit out the beer in your mouth into a glass and freak out your friends!  Or… maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment