Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 181, June 30 / Beach Bum Blonde Ale

Day 181 /  June 30, 2011

Michelob Brewing Co (InBev)  /  St. Louis, MO

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Over?  Did you say "over"?  Nothing is over until we decide it is!

And we (well, I) have decided that the Summer Beer Run is over!  And because it’s June 30th, of course.  And so ends what will be the longest Beer Run of this blog.

Unfortunately, it’s ending with a whimper, not a bang.  I actually went out for a nice dinner with the family for our 21st anniversary (Happy Anniversary, Linda!).  And Chef Geoff’s in Tyson’s Corner VA actually had several summer beers on tap… but I had tried them all this month already.  So I had a Long Trail White Ale with dinner, and it was quite good.

But, upon returning home, I had only two summer beer choices left in the fridge.  I saved them for last for a reason – one was from MillerCoors, the other from Anhesuer-Busch (InBev).  Blue Moon Honey Moon Summer Ale or Michelob Beach Bum Blonde Ale? 

<< I feel like this guy.  I chose… poorly.  Although, I would have probably been disappointed with either choice.


The Beach Bum Blonde Ale is actually a lager, and it is supposedly lightly hopped and slightly fruity.  I really had no taste for this beer.



The Last Song of Summer:  Name that tune – here’s the opening lyrics: 

   Summer. 
   It turns me upside down. 
   Summer, summer summer. 
   It’s like a merry-go-round.




No comments:

Post a Comment