Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 183, July 2 / Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat


Day 183 /  July 2, 2011

The Boston Beer Company / Boston, MA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Take me out to the ballgame!

Alright readers – please post a comment – which major league ballpark has the best selection of craft beers?  DC’s Nationals Stadium definitely does not!  I searched about half of the main concourse for a unique beer, and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat was the best I could come up with.  In fact, Sam Adams was the only thing close to a “craft” beer that I saw.  Lots of Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Lite though, all for $8.50 a can!

I went down with the family to watch the Nats and the Pirates split a double header.  We got there near the end of the first game, caught the full second game, and a great fireworks show afterward.

Wow – the artificial taste (but may be natural) cherries just overwhelms this beer.  From the first smell of the beer, to every sip, the cherry taste just overpowers the beer.  I think I’ll pass on this beer from now.

2 comments:

  1. You have to go to the Red Porch/Red Loft for the good stuff. I took the girls to a game a couple weeks ago - Red Porch had DFH 60 & Raison d'Etre; Heavy Seas Pale Ale; Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager & IPA, one or two others.

    HHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks H, next time I'll know better.

    ReplyDelete