Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 193, July 12 / Abel’s Hill India Dark Ale


Day 193 /  July 12, 2011

Offshore Ale Company / Woods Hole, MA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Fresh as fresh can be!

We ventured down to Oak Bluffs on Martha’s Vineyard yesterday and found the only brewpub on the island.  OK, it wasn’t just coincidence, I found it on the net a month ago.

So I dragged the extended Davidson clan into the Offshore Brewery Company for lunch, which wasn’t a bad proposition.  50 pounds be damned, I had a cup of clam chowder and very tender fried clam strips.  Yum!

Offshore has 6 or 7 beers on tap at any given time.  My beer o’ the day was their Abel’s Hill India Dark Ale.  It is described as a Cascadian dark ale, rich in roasted malt notes with balanced hop bitterness and aroma. I definitely enjoyed it, but it was a bit heavy for a hot summer day.   I also had their Nut Brown Ale too, which was good.

If you’re a beer geek and find yourself on Martha’s Vineyard, its definitely worth a visit!  And while you are in Oak Bluffs, make sure you check out the Flying Horses Carousel, the oldest operating carousel in America, complete with brass rings!


No, I don't know these people. 
Just found this picture on the web.






No comments:

Post a Comment