Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 186, July 5 / Affligem Blond


Day 186 /  July 5, 2011

Brouwerij Affligem  /  Opwijk, Belgium

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Two European blonds in one week!  Don’t tell my wife!

Frankly, Affligem sounds like either some type of affliction, or a drug used to treat an affliction.  Actually, I first discovered Affligem beer when I saw an empty bottle laying on the ground after a Wolf Trap concert a couple years ago.  I picked up the bottle because I had never seen it or heard of it before, made a mental note of the name, and threw it in the trash.

So two years later, he we are, me and my Affligem.  Affligem is a Belgian Abbey ale, like last week’s Lefe Blond.  And this was also a fine beer, which a rich golden color and a lacy head.  The taste is very smooth, with crispness from the hops and a slight peppery taste.

And if you are in the mood for a little Gregorian chanting, check out Affligem’s website.


No comments:

Post a Comment