Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 188, July 7 / Moerlein OTR Ale


Day 188 /  July 7, 2011

Christian Moerlein Brewing Company  /  Cincinnati, OH

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

OTR?  Really?

This beer also travelled across state lines to find its way into my fridge and into my blog.  My friend Mark brought this back on a recent trip back to Ohio.

OTR actually stands for Over The Rhine, a historic neighborhood in Cincinnati.  I was actually quite surprised by this beer.  I seemed to recall Christian Moerlein as a regional lager that I had in my beer can collection when I was a kid.

But it looks like Christian Moerlein has re-emerged as a very good regional craft brewer.  I was actually quite surprised by this beer.  It’s an American Pale Ale and it was quite flavorful.  It a bit strong, and has a good balance of hops and malt.  If you happen to run across this, I would recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment