Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 206, July 25 / Wit’s End Ale


Day 206 /  July 25, 2011

Sweetwater Tavern  /  Falls Church, VA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

OK, people – “a” beer means 1 beer.  In any language.

“A couple” generally means two, “a few” may be three or four.  But “a beer” means 1 beer.

If you show up at 9pm, I will buy you 1 pint glass of beer.  I’ll gladly drink another beer with you, and you might even offer to buy that second beer for me.  Or not.

Tuesday night, I got to at about 10 minutes til 9, scanned the bar for compadres, and I saw Henry (HHH) sitting about halfway down the bar, across from a 6’ 3” brunette.  Henry was nursing a water when I showed up.  Since he was there first, I gave him the choice of the beer of the day.  He selected the Wit’s End Ale, a Belgian-style “white ale” – NOT to be confused with a Hefeweizen or a Crystal Weizen.

At about 2 minutes til 9, my friends Corey and Kevin walked in – that’s two more beers out of my pocket!  The Wit’s End Ale was a cloudy wheat beer, with tastes of orange peel and coriander.

Henry, sipping his ale out of a non-chilled glass, rated it a Very Good on the Jeff scale.  Corey, who is a not a fan of wheaty or fruity beers, said he’d rather have 2 Bud Lights than 2 Wit’s Ends.  He gave it a Passable.  Kevin wanted to give it a G- - just below Good, slightly higher than Passable.  When I pressed him to grade it with a solid grade, he reluctantly gave it a good.

I enjoyed the freshness of the beer and the Belgian style, but did not find it particularly unique over others of the style.

Out of the four of us, I was the only one to order a Wit’s End for my second beer – mainly because I forgot to take a picture of it the first time around!

See you tomorrow!

Day
Beer
Jeff
Corey
Henry
Kevin
Average
Mon
Gold Rush Ale
G
G


G
Tues
Wit’s End Ale
G
P
VG
G
G

No comments:

Post a Comment