Monday, July 25, 2011

Free Beer Tomorrow (and Today)

The best, freshest, closest, beer to my house is exactly 2.0 miles down the road at Sweetwater Tavern in Falls Church, VA.  Unless there are any accomplished home brewers within a 2 mile radius of my house.  Actually, my friend Henry, aka HHH, is a very good home brewer, but his house is 2.2 miles from mine, so my statement remains true - at least on "closest."

Anyway, I am going to declare the second Beer Run in July to be a "social experiment," that I will conduct at Sweetwater Tavern in Falls Church (Merrifield).  But this social network needs to show up in person, not online.

I have informed a number of friends via email, and a great deal more via Facebook, that I will be at the bar at Sweetwater this Monday through Friday, July 25 through 29, at 9pm, to have a different one of Sweetwater's beers each day.  If they join me at 9pm, I will buy them a beer.  One beer.  And I'll extend the offer to readers of this blog too.  But I'd be shocked if there's any local readers that I didn't hit via email or Facebook.

But here's the deal.  You have to drink what I'm drinking, and you have to rate the beer on my scale.  The collective average score is what that beer will receive on the blog.  Need a refresher on the scale?  Here it is.


So what am I trying to prove with this experiment?  Let's see...

- Are my opinions that much different than the general populace?
- Will friends and acquaintances actually show up if I buy them a beer?
- Will my wife let me out of the house every night this week?
- Will your wife let you out of the house one night this week?
- Will she come with me?  (My wife, not yours.)
- Will the folks at Sweetwater know what's going on? 
- Will they care? 
- Can I get a free beer out of it?

For the record, I've already had two beers at Sweetwater this year, so they are off the table:
- Sweetwater Outlaw Ale [G]
- Great American Restaurants Pale Ale [VG]

Will I see you there??



1 comment:

  1. You better hope they run out of something during the week and replace it with a different beer, cuz they only have 5 on at a time, and you already ruled out the one they always have on. But that's ok, you could always have a Bud in a bottle if you had to; I don't recall seeing that one on the blog yet.

    Cheers
    HHH

    ReplyDelete