Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 206, July 25 / Gold Rush Ale


Day 206 /  July 25, 2011

Sweetwater Tavern  /  Falls Church, VA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Day 1 of the Great Social Experiment

Perhaps that’s exaggerating a bit, but…

I showed up at Sweetwater at about 8:40pm, sat at the bar and checked the chalkboard and ordered a Gold Rush Ale, an American Pale Ale.  Gold Rush is lighter in color than GAR’s Pale Ale, but hoppier, with a bit of a fruity taste.

I looked up and checked the door every few minutes to see if any of you were going to take me up on my offer.  9:00pm came and went, and I was down to just a couple sips left in my pint.  At 9:03pm, my friend Corey came through the revolving door, unable to pass up a free beer.  I gave him a 5 minute grace period on the free beer.

So after some good conversation about Captain America, Harry Potter, stocks and dividends, we both decided to give the Gold Rush Ale a “Good” Rating.

Will you be joining me on Day 2?

Day
Beer
Jeff
Corey
Average
Mon
Gold Rush Ale
G
G
G

No comments:

Post a Comment