Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10, Jan 10 / Pike Kilt Lifter Scotch Style Ruby Ale


Day 10 / Jan 10

Pike Brewing Co. / Seattle, WA

 
Where:         At Home

A
NG
P
G
VG
O
 
I just had my kilt lifted!

And I just learned that a Scotch Ale is not the same as a Scottish Ale.  Again citing Beer Advocate:

Compared to Scottish Ales, they'll be sweeter and fuller-bodied, and of course higher in alcohol, with a much more pronounced malty caramel and roasted malt flavor.

All of which, IMHO, makes for a better beer.  Or at least tonight’s beer was much better than last night’s.

Pike Kilt Lifter Scotch Style Ruby Ale is a tasty beer, with a brownish red color.  Not too hoppy, and very flavorful.  Pike sells a lot of their beers in generous 22 oz. “bomber” bottles.  I picked this one up just before Xmas at a Total Wine (and more) location in Northern VA.

I’d definitely like to take a West Coast beer trip and Pike’s would be on my list of places to visit.  It’s located right near the historic Pike Place Market.  You should also click around their website – it’s pretty well done and informative.

NOTES: 
  • If you haven’t noticed, I usually hyperlink the name of the beer to that beer’s page on the brewery’s website – click it to find out more information!

  • Also, if you click on pictures on the site, you should get a bigger version of the picture, in case you want to remember the label and run out and buy me some!

No comments:

Post a Comment