Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13, Jan 13 / Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA

Day 13 / Jan 13

The Boston Beer Company / Boston, MA

2-4-6-8, I appreciate the 48!

Where:         At Home

A
NG
P
G
VG
O


Well, I had sampled just about all of the beer varieties I had in the fridge at the beginning of this quest, so I grabbed a six-pack at the grocery store after work.  FYI, my strategy going forward will be to purchase mixed six-packs at beer stores, but I didn’t have time today to make it there.

So, in my grocer’s beer cooler was a beer I’d never seen before – Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA.  Nice cool blue label, I like IPA’s, I was intrigued by the “Latitude 48”, so I grabbed it.

On the drive When I got home, I cracked one open, and I was quite pleasantly surprised.  This was a nice copper colored IPA, with a fresh (but not overpowering) hop taste.  Very enjoyable!

What’s with the “Latitude 48?”  Well, according to Sam Adams himself (I think):

Latitude 48 IPA is a unique IPA brewed with a select blend of hops from top German, English, and American growing regions all located close to the 48th latitude within the “hop belt” of the Northern Hemisphere.

Yeah, that’s what I would have done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment