Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8, Jan 8 / Yuengling Premium Beer

Day 8 / Jan 8

Yuengling Premium Beer
Yuengling Brewing Co. / Pottsville, PA

Where:         At Home

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Only in Pennsylvania…

Look carefully, this is not the Yuengling that you might be used to (Yuengling Lager).  As far as I know, Yuengling Premium is only distributed in Pennsylvania – I have found it in Reading and Pittsburgh.

It’s a crisp, refreshing light (but not light) beer, brewed with some adjuncts (corn), putting it into the same category with Bud, Miller and Coors.  It has a slightly bitter taste, reminded me a little of the Carling Black Label my dad used to drink.

This is definitely a middle of the road beer – I’d say its better than a Bud, but not as good as a decent IPA.  I gave it a Passable grade, but don't get me wrong - I could (and have) drink several of these at a sitting.

By they way, if you get a chance to visit the original Yuengling Brewery, do it!  It’s the oldest continually operating brewery in the US.

1 comment:

  1. One more thing - the dark wood behind the glass makes this beer look darker than it is. It's really a medium to pale yellow in color.

    ReplyDelete