Monday, January 3, 2011

Here We Go!

Alright, 2011 is the year I get serious about getting in shape (or at least out of "out-of-shape"), and try to have some fun while I'm doing it.

In this blog, I will track my progress against two of my 2011 New Year's Resolutions, which may seem a bit contradictory to each other.

1 - Drop 50 pounds by the end of 2011.
2 - Drink a different beer every single day of 2011.

I've been carrying around the same extra 50 pounds for several years now.  With some exercise and sensible eating, I know I can get it off.

But at the same time, I do love my beer.  And I'm not talking MGD 64, Miller Lite or Coors Light.  I'm talking full-bodied ales and lagers sporting at least 200 calories and more than a daily Atkins allowance of carbs.  But, I hate to admit, a couple times over the last couple years I have dumped a case of expired, unloved beer sitting in fridge down the laundry sink.

I'll post my progress against the weight loss goal, and my daily beer consumption on this site.  I'll also try to post some interesting thoughts and other bloggish stuff.

As of January 3, my starting weight is 251.  Please "beer" with me - this is my first blog.

Thanks! 

JD


No comments:

Post a Comment