Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 26, Jan 26 / Blue Point Toasted Lager

Day 26 / Jan 26

Blue Point Brewing Co / Patchogue, NY

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Man I needed that beer!

A snowstorm here in the DC area hit right at the time we got let out of work – and so did thousands of other people.  In the 20+ years I’ve lived here, I’ve never experienced traffic this bad.  It took me 5½ hours to go 20 miles.  It took my wife 6½ hours to get from DC to our house!  At times, I barely moved for 30 to 45 minutes at a time.  The thought crossed my mind was that it was possible I might not make it home by midnight to have my daily beer!  But I made it home by 9 and promptly cracked one open!

So Toasted Lager gets a head start, just because it was cold and in my fridge, waiting to relieve my stress after that commute from hell.

But really, it was nothing special.  Not much hop character, not a particularly memorable taste.  The “Toasted” comes from the the direct-fire brew kettle’s hot flame that allegedly give it a toasted flavor.  It probably won’t be on my “go-to” beer list after this year is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment