Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm a Loser (I Hope)


The Biggest Loser contest starts at work tomorrow.  They've done this a few times over the last couple years, and I've got to say it has helped a lot of people either get started losing weight or lose those last few pounds.

I'm teaming up with 2 co-workers (Hollywood and Slim) on my team.  Each team member kicks in 10 bucks, the contest runs 8 weeks with weekly weigh-ins, and there are prizes for the team, male and female with the greatest percentage of weight loss at the end.  If you gain weight week to week, you have to throw more into the kitty.

Some teams are "bulking up" before the weigh-in tomorrow.  I've been doing pretty good so far, so I don't want to blow that.  I'm not sure I believe it, but my scale says I'm down 8.5 pounds since I started this quest on January 3.  And up until this point, it's really more about what I'm not doing (snacking, McDonald's for breakfast, etc.).

I do have a confession - on a road trip this weekend, I did have a Sausage McMuffin.  Man, it was good, but I think burned a few calories feeling guilty about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment