Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 27, Jan 27 / Point Cascade Pale Ale


Day 27 / Jan 27

Steven’s Point Brewery  /  Steven’s Point, WI


A
NG
P
G
VG
O


Snowstorm's over, but schools were closed today and tomorrow already.  Sounds like a good reason to have a beer.

Point Cascade Pale Ale is a good, simple pale ale, a little reddish in color, with a crisp hoppy taste.  I could easily have a few of these in a sitting.

NOTE 1:   I’m a fan of good beer label design, and I’ve always thought Point’s labels were very well designed.  A nice, clean, classic design that draws your attention.  I’ve included a closeup of the label below.

NOTE 2:   Steven’s Point Brewery is 153 years old, the fifth oldest privately owned brewery in the US.  It’s looks like it’s been bought and sold several times in its history – it’s surprising that they have survived all those transactions.  It looks like a cool little brewery that I’d like to visit.  







No comments:

Post a Comment